Health & Pension Insurance. So who can't be enrolled?

In the General Union’s opinion, if you are not in one of the below categories, you must be enrolled in shakai hoken by your employer. This consists of both a health insurance & pension component. Your employer must pay at least 50% of the premiums.

  • sailors 
  • those employed for a total less than two months 
  • those employed at workplaces without fixed addresses 
  • seasonal workers 
  • employees of enterprises that will not be in existence less than six months 
  • those employed by the National Health Insurance Union 
  • those over 75 years old 
  • those authorized by the director of the Social Insurance Agency (SIA) or by a health insurance union or mutual aid society.

This is a very short summary of both laws combined. Please contact us directly for exact information.




footer f footer h footer m footer s

Additional information